Thursday, December 11, 2008

Giving Credit Where it's Due

It occurs to me always at the times when I am not at the computer - on a horse, on a bike, lying in bed in the middle of the night - that I owe a "Thank You" to someone and I haven't given it yet. I mentioned in one of my first postings that I was inspired to write this blog as a result of reading Marianne Love's several-years-strong blog discussing life and times in North Idaho, where Mike and I previously lived (and I went to high school).

Marianne was my Grade 10 English teacher in 1984-85 and I was grateful to have her. I'd just moved to Sandpoint from B.C. and needed all the help and humour I could get to fit in to this new school and new country. She's remained someone constant as I came and went from Sandpoint over the years and always was a friendly face and a great teacher. So there's a thank you for all of the water under the bridge, but also for a more recent event.

I wrote to Marianne when I began this blog last month and, after watching me successfully post 2-3 times, she "outed" me in her blog. This is a bit daunting because she has quite a following due to being a successful author and just because you know a lot of people after teaching for so long and being such a social person. The words she wrote in that posting were wonderful and I, and Mike, realize we have a good friend and supporter in Marianne, so THANK YOU! Here, if you are interested in seeing why we have slightly larger heads than normal, is the link to her posting:
Slight Detour: The Flaims of my life

While I'm at it, I also need to thank her for the delicious apple jelly that came along to Denver last month, hand carried by Mike's sister Geraldine. In addition, the book, Lessons with Love, it's very personal inscription, and the jelly, all took Mike and I right back to Sandpoint, and that's a treat!

We realize on a regular basis what wonderful people are in our lives, and we cherish them all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that your portrait photo for this blog is priceless!

Hi guys!

Monica and Mike said...

Hi Erin!

Yup, makes me laugh every time I open the site and seems appropriate on several levels...

How's tricks?